Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rotisserie Chicken


One of my new favorite things are rotisserie chickens from Sams Club. They are so convenient for weeknight cooking.

What I do is buy one and let it cool on the counter long enough for me to take all the meat off without burning my fingers.

I separate the meat into two Ziploc baggies. Half the chicken in each bag. Then during the week when I am making a quick meal the chicken is already cooked and mostly chopped. All I do is quickly defrost one baggie in the microwave and add it to any dish that calls for chicken. I love it because it not only saves me time but tastes great too! You also can't beat the price, $4.98 for 2 meals is great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rotisserie chicken is one of the best things to have on hand, isn't it? I usually have hubby do up a couple on the weekends to have for our weeknight meals.